Thank you for taking a moment to learn about our company. Oakleaf Materials Management is a supply chain management (SCM) consulting firm specialized in oil and gas E&P and midstream operations. We use a practical, common sense approach to supply chain management. Our model is proven, effective, easily implementable, and scalable.
In business, conventional wisdom holds that no single solution solves every problem. And yet many firms fall victim to the “one size fits all” approach to supply chain management. Interestingly, throughout my 25-year career, which has included leadership roles with both public and privately-held E&P companies, I’ve discovered something quite predictable about the oil and gas industry. With few exceptions, management teams routinely subscribe to one of two very distinct philosophies before ultimately migrating to a more effective SCM program:
1. Supply Chain Management = Collateral Duty and/or Secondary Function – “Engineers, project managers and/or field personnel can execute the SCM function effectively, regardless of workload, level of expertise or market knowledge.”
2. Supply Chain Management = Large, Unwieldy Department – “SCM programs require a substantial and long-term financial and human capital investment that includes specialists, analysts, strategists and expensive, powerful ERP/MRP and analytical software.”
These dichotomous philosophies lead to either insufficient or excessive SCM programs. And while most firms recognize the value of having a SCM program, far too many fail to treat it as the key business process it is, and consequently, lose hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to one-sided customer-vendor relationships, reactionary or fulfillment purchasing practices, mismanaged inventory, or, even worse, overstaffed, inefficient and bureaucratic PSCM departments.
With this in mind, I formed Oakleaf Materials Management to assist small to midsize private equity E&P and midstream companies establish a more efficient, strategic approach to supplying projects and sustaining operations, while also satisfying internal inventory controls. Our customers benefit from streamlined inventory management, enhanced strategic sourcing, greater demand forecasting accuracy, and improved visibility and application of internal material.
In short, we help organizations become more efficient and profitable. It really is that simple. If you’re considering implementing a SCM program; or, if you just need assistance with your current or upcoming projects, consider partnering with Oakleaf Materials Management. You’ll be glad you did.
– Mark J. Johnson, Principal Consultant
Here at Oakleaf Materials Management we understand the increasing intricacy of supplying material for capital projects while maintaining a favorable Capital Efficiency Ratio, which examines the amount of value your firm creates for shareholders relative to dollars invested. Always mindful of this, we work diligently to help identify and free-up more of your capital for revenue-producing projects.
Using a very basic, lean approach, we help our customers achieve increased operational efficiency and lower material costs. Our customers also benefit from:
- Market Intelligence and Strategic Sourcing
- Productive and Collaborative Customer-Supplier Relationships
- Proper Inventory Levels / Lower TCO
- Identification of and Ready Access to Critical Contingency Items Thereby Minimizing Operational Downtime
- COPAS-friendly Inventory Management
- OCTG and Line Pipe Call-outs and Inventory Management
- Reconciliations (Material Transfers)
- Elimination/Reduction of Costly Ad Valorem Taxes
When partnering with Oakleaf Materials Management, your organization benefits from a quarter century of supply chain management expertise coupled with a global network of suppliers and services ready to meet your operational needs.
Our approach is simple: Take care of the customer. Operate safely and efficiently. Never compromise integrity.
Customer satisfaction is of paramount importance to us. If we can help you establish and/or maintain your materials management program, call us today.